Saturday, June 14, 2008

Scottish Festival and Highland Games



This weekend was the annual Scottish Festival and Highland Games at Thanksgiving Point. It was also the first time that I have worn the Kilt that I had made when we went to Scotland last September. All in all it is a pretty comfortable garment, just don't ask what I had on underneath it...



Nothing gets the blood pumping quite like live Pipes and Drums. Hopefully our little growing baby has now developed a taste for the pipes, because he will be hearing a lot of it in our home.


It was a good festival this year. Anyone that did not attend missed out. There were more live bands than usual, and more scottish food choices than in the past. Mmmm...Scotch eggs!

3 comments:

Peri said...

LOVE THE KILT!!! And I NEVER want to know what you were wearing underneath it.

Janet said...

I love the kilt! You look so good in it! Now you need the dagger on the stocking for the dangerous effect.

Jason and Laura said...

I have the sock dagger, I just didn't wear it to the festival.