Saturday, July 12, 2008

Early Arrival

Well...

Gregor has decided that he needed to make an early entry into our lives. Laura has been doing "non-stress testing" due to her high blood pressure. The little guy has been having some "heart decelerations" during these tests so the hospital ran a "contraction stress test". After that test looked fairly normal they kept Laura overnight for monitoring. During the night Gregor had several more decelerations, so the doctor feared that there may be a problem with either the cord or placenta. Because of this fear the doctor scheduled a C-Section for this morning. Gregor was born at 9:43 AM and is doing very well! He is absolutly adorable and I will be posting many pictures in the coming days. He was 5 lbs and 10 ounces. 18 and 1/2 inches long. Mom and baby are doing wonderfully. They will be in the hospital until at least Tuesday, so feel free to come and see our little miracle.

I love you all, and wish to thank everyone for the support and help that has been offered and given.

Jason

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I wish I was there to see little Gregor! I bet he is adorable. Post photos as soon as you can!

Janet said...

What a beautiful baby! He looks so content. Take some pictures without his hat so we can see this mop of hair I keep hearing about.

Anonymous said...

This is Kerrie, he's adorable I'm glad everything went well and that they caught his decelerations before it was too late. He is a little bit bigger than Luna when she was born at 5 lbs 1 oz but they were both 18 1/2 inches long. And she was term! I miss you guys wish I could come see you but having no car and no money kinda put a stitch in things. Wish you guys the best with the new baby and congratulations.

Jason and Laura said...

Heather, we wish you were here too, we miss you guys its just not the same without you here. We'll post lots of photos- don't worry :)

Kerrie, thanks so much, I hope you are able to visit in the near future, although I know no car, no money makes travel the last expense I would love to see your little girl.