Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August is gone...

Wow... This year is just flying by! August is gone and Christmas will be here in an instant.

I made a second trip to the Philippines right at the first of August. This time I actually had a chance to do some sightseeing. So here are a few photo's of Coregidor Island. This Island is in the mouth of Manila Bay, and was the sight of several battles during WWII.


Here is a McArthur Memorial near the pier where he escaped from at the start of the war.


Here are some Bombed out American Barracks still on the Island. The have an overnight tour of the island where you can explore the barracks and a bombed out hospital at night. Kinda creepy.



There are still some big guns left on the Island. This one could hit ships all the way out into the South China Sea. The man in the middle of the picture is Don Don. He was my driver during my visit this time.



Looking out over the bay you can see Bataan. This is the place where the first "Death March" started.


This is Gregor the day that I came home. He was a little bit clingy for a few days, but he forgave me a lot faster than from my first trip.



And here is Gregor not liking the river at Storm Mountain. We all went up there to celebrate Miranda's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!



4 comments:

lise said...

I think what Gregor is really thinking in that last photo is 'Don't drop me in Dad! I'll be good! I'll be good!'

Peri said...

It looks like you had some really neat experiences during this trip. Quite the world traveler!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you got to see more of the Phillipines this time. It looks like such a beautiful place. I wish I knew more about the WWII history there. Will you be going back again?

Janet said...

Those are great pictures. Are you keeping albums of all your travels?