Wednesday, June 24, 2009

More Phreaky Phood

WOW, have you ever eaten "Crispy Fried Pork Knuckle"... I HAVE!! Bet you're jealous!!



There are a lot of interesting food choices here. I ate peanuts with tiny salted fish heads, of course I didn't know about the little fish heads until it was too late... Strange little eyeballs staring back at you from a handful of what you thought were just salted peanuts. If you order fried shrimp, you get the shrimp fried, heads, shells and all served up on your plate. Crunchy!!


Another local favorite here is Green Mangoes covered with Shrimp Paste. They sometimes spice this little gem up with some hot pepper vinegar. That was one of the most interesting taste sensations yet.



Even McDonalds is interesting here. Not only do they have fried chicken and rice on the menu, but they will deliver right to your house!! Imagine if they did that in the US. You could go from Big Mac Attack to Big Heart Attack without ever leaving your couch.


We haven't really left the factory much to see any of the beautiful countryside yet, but it looks like we will have some downtime Thursday, so maybe I can actually post something other than the crazy food that I am eating... Well, here is a picture from the factory...At least it is not more food pictures!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had no idea you were so adventurous when it came to food. Where did you get that from? Not from our Mormon casserole family!

Peri said...

Your stomach must be made of titanium. I'll stick with plain old normal food. But I guess if we took a picture of Lumpy Dick, people in other countries might be disgusted, too. I'm disgusted just thinking about it.

Janet said...

Great pictures! Does the food taste like anything you've eaten before? I'd be looking around for some mashed potatoes and gravy.