Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend

So we had a really nice weekend, my mother was kind enough to watch Gregor for us on Saturday so we actually got to see a movie. That is one thing I have really missed since having a baby, seeing lots of movies, I guess we could be like those jerks that bring their way too young kids to theatre but I wouldn't be able to just sit there if he started crying so I'd probably miss the best parts anyway. After we took Gregor out and did our sub-for-santa shopping, I think this is the only safe age to bring your kid to the toy store so it may be the last he sees of it for a long time. On Sunday we went down to Fairview and visited Grandpa Stewart & I finally got one of the four generation photos I've wanted:

We had a really nice visit, Grandpa is as sweet as ever & we got to see some nice pictures of Grandpa, Grandpa & Maretta when they were young. We also spent some time taking photos in the cemetery for my genealogy (it is rather convenient that its mostly in the same place, but then we spend forever taking photos). My mom came along and took a lot of pictures for us, it is so helpful having a mother :)

Today we had the soup and cookie exchange, everything was really great as usual but because I was taking care of a cute little monkey during most of it I didn't end up gorging myself on cookies like I usually do (I still don't know if that is a good or a bad thing).

2 comments:

Janet said...

So what movie did you see? I'm glad you were able to get away and enjoy something together. Thanks for all the pictures you've been putting on the blog. Gregor is adorable.

Jason and Laura said...

the lastest bond movie :)